Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Plan (RMP)
PSM and RMP are requirements designed to prevent releases of toxic, reactive, or flammable materials from a process. Key elements of a PSM or RMP program include:
- Employee Participation
- Process Safety Information
- Process Hazard Analysis
- Hazard Assessment (Offsite Consequence Analysis)
- Operating Procedures
- Contractor Safety
- Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Mechanical Integrity
- Hot Work Permit
- Management of Change
- Incident Investigation
- Compliance Audits
- Seismic Assessment
We develop comprehensive PSM/RMP programs meeting all aspects of the applicable regulations. We assist in implementing the programs through audits, training, MOC support, etc. Additionally, for clients wishing to enhance their PSM/RMP programs to meet upcoming requirements, we offer:
- Damage Mechanism Review (refineries only)
- Hierarchy of Hazard Controls Analysis
- Process Safety Culture Assessment
- Management of Organizational Change
- For large refineries have conducted the Process Hazard Analysis and LOPA of all major units.
- For several large water utilities in Southern California, developed an integrated program addressing PSM, RMP and CalARP, which included wastewater and potable water treatment sites.
- Conducted PSM/RMP compliance audits for a large number of facilities from a variety of industries, and assisted management to achieve full compliance.
- For several food processing and warehousing operations, developed an integrated PSM, RMP and CalARP program for Ammonia Refrigeration Systems.
- For several clients developed a comprehensive training program and conducted training to ensure compliance with the regulations.