Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)/HAZOP
Process Hazard Analysis involves using a systematic method to identify the risks associated with a process, as well as the most cost effective system improvements that maximize safety. We have direct experience in conducting PHA studies using any of the following methods:
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
- What-If Analysis
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Event Tree Analysis (ETA)
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis
- Cause Consequence Analysis
- System Reliability Analysis
- Facilitated HAZOP Studies for each process unit within a major petroleum refinery.
- Conducted Process Hazard Analyses for the Front End Engineering Design (FEED) of multiple facilities utilizing the HAZOP and What-If methodologies.
- Performed PHAs utilizing one or more of the above methodologies for several hundred systems and processes in a variety of industries.
We are specifically experienced in the application of the following computer programs: