Emergency Response Plan/Action Plan
We work with clients in the development and implementation of emergency response/action plans. Emergency planning includes pre-incident preparedness, response to incidents, and recovery from incidents. Our approach is designed to be efficiently integrated with facility needs, as well as contemporary techniques for the National Incident Management System (NIMS), including the Incident Command System (ICS), Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS), Risk Management Plan (RMP), Process Safety Management (PSM) and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER). Our unique approach:
- Considers human-induced scenarios
- Incorporates level of consequences
- Considers natural hazards (e.g., storm, seismic)
- Creates new, or verifies existing, hazard analyses
- Determines worst-case credible and vulnerability scenarios
- Addresses key safety issues (e.g., equipment, training, drills)
- Addresses key design issues (e.g., structural, process systems)
- Optimizes overlapping regulatory requirements with plant safety needs
- Developed corporate level emergency plan based on ICS concept to provide the procedures for preparing for an emergency, organizing and responding to simultaneous emergencies at multiple sites and for de-escalating.
- Developed Emergency Response Plan for the first response team of a major water district that handles highly hazardous materials at several sites.
- Developed site specific Emergency Action Plans (EAPs) for all the facilities owned and operated by a major beverage manufacturing company that included site specific hazard scenarios, preparation and post incident actions.